Philly Bierfest Ticket Giveaway
Lovers, let me tell you about the Edgar Allen Poe Cheese Cave and Pennsylvania Cider Bar! It’s part of Philly Bierfest (@phillybierfest) this Saturday, February 25, 2017 at the German Society in Philadelphia — a mere hop from the Edgar Allen Poe house. Be still, my telltale heart.
I’ll be there signing copies of Di Bruno Bros. House of Cheese and offering cheese & cider pairing advice. Peer below for a list of cheese makers who will be hanging out in the Poe Cave. You’ll be able to meet members of the Pennsylvania Cheese Guild, taste samples, and buy a few brooding hunks from the following dairy dreamers:
- Birchrun Hills Farm [Chester Springs, PA]
- Cherry Grove Farm [Lawrenceville, NJ]
- Farm at Doe Run [Unionville, PA]
- Hidden Hills Dairy [Everett, PA]
- Shellbark Hollow Farm [Honey Brook, PA]
- Valley Milkhouse [Oley, PA]
Now, A Digression About Local Cheesesteaks…
If you miss the fun, here’s another way to taste some local dairy: the PA Cheese Guild has partnered with Cleaver’s, a no bull cheesesteak shop in Center City (108 S. 18th St.) for a month of local cheesesteaks and loaded waffle fries. Pop in between March-24 and look for the following:
- Week 1: March 4 to 10: Trio Steak: ribeye steak with Caputo Brothers’ provola piccante (a hand stretched, young provolone-style cheese with a pleasant kick), green peppers, raw onions, red salsa on a seeded roll
- Week 2: March 11 to 17: Fresco: chicken cutlet with Shellbark Hollow’s goat cheese, arugula, and balsamic glaze on a seeded roll
- Week 3: March 18 to 24: Chicken Fajita: grilled chicken with Caputo Brothers’ provola piccante (a hand-stretched young provolone-style cheese with a pleasant kick), along with fried onions, green peppers, guacamole on a unseeded roll
Bierfest Giveaway Details: Two free regular admission tickets valued at $48 each can be yours! Drop a comment below explaining why you need to explore POE-TIC PAIRINGS. I’ll contact the winner on Friday (2/24) at 9 a.m ET.